What does it take to be the best in the world? According to the new ground breaking book by Seth Godin called “The Dip”, every one of us can be the best in the world in whatever ways we like. And to ensure our journey to the top of the world, we need to avoid the following mistakes.
According to him, there are 7 reasons why we cant be the best in the world.
1. We run out of time (and quit).
2. We run out of money (and quit).
3. We get scared (and quit).
4. We’re not serious about it (and quit).
5. We lose interest or enthusiasm or settle for being mediocre (and quit).
6. We focus on the short term instead of the long (and quit when the short term gets too hard).
7. We pick the wrong thing at which to be the best in the world (because you don’t have the talent).
According to Seth Godin, the formula for being the world’s best is simple,
“Quit the dead ends and invest resources in your chosen path”.
Practice branding for 10 years before you become the best brand person in the world.
Write one poem everyday for 10 years before you become the best in the world.
Stop hanging around with your friends and invest time in becoming the best student in your sector.
One cannot be best at everything. One can only be best at something. The trick lies in finding that and sticking to that.
Inspired by the writings of Seth Godin